Personal epigenomics combined with blockchain technology for personalized skincare.
An AI & DNA-based skin care advisor app and SAAS technology platform for brands and retailers.
Vote for People's Choice Award
Frequently Asked Questions
People’s Choice Voting is open to the public. Voters will need to provide an email address. If that email address is found to be invalid, the vote will not be counted. One vote per email address will be counted.
The People’s Choice award is separate and distinct from the QuickFire Challenge award reviewed by panelists. The entry with the most valid votes by 11:59pm PST on March 25, 2018 will be awarded the People’s Choice winner certificate.
All votes must be submitted online at https://jlabs.jnjinnovation.com/quickfire-challenges/digital-beauty
Each video has been prepared and submitted by the respective company named in such video. Such information is not an endorsement or referral of any company or any of the products or services of such companies by Johnson & Johnson Innovation, LLC (“JJI”) or its affiliates. JJI makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the content in the videos. JJI assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the videos. The information provided does not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of JJI or its affiliates.
Do you have a good idea on how to improve skincare? If so, we’re looking to help you make that idea into a reality. Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS (JLABS) and Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. are holding a Digital Beauty QuickFire Challenge that’s awarding winning ideas up to $50,000 in grants, up to one year of residency at an available local JLABS incubator, access to a network of consumer experts, and admission to test the product with consumers at the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. Consumer Experience Center (CxC).
If you have a good idea for a product, service or technology to help consumers tackle today’s toughest skincare challenges, from innovative devices to digital technologies, and everything in between, we’re looking for solutions that create powerful, connected experiences for consumers everywhere.
Rewards and benefits
- *in funding to help advance their product prototype toward commercialization.
- *Up to $50,000 USD in grants to the winner(s)
- Access to a network of Johnson & Johnson Consumer experts.
- Up to one year of residency at an available JLABS location.
- Admission to test the product with consumers at the Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. Consumer Experience Center (CxC) to custom design and execute one free research initiative. Examples of studies that can be conducted include:
- Qualitative research with up to four focus groups, up to 30 one-on-one interviews, or three concept development sessions
- Ethnographic research
- Small scale quantitative work that could include surveys, home use or central location testing
Areas of Focus
- Insights-Generating Tools that empower consumers to make better informed skincare choices, such as at-home skin assessments, coaching engines, and personalization tools to simplify product selection and build regimen.
- Impact Tracking Devices and Adherence Solutions that help improve consumers’ skin health management by monitoring skin-impacting factors such as pollution, UV, and skin biomarkers.
- Digital Technologies or Devices that increase efficacy beyond traditional topical applications to progress skin health for consumers with hard to treat concerns such as acne, photoaging, and eczema.
What we are looking for in applications
- Must be an incorporated company
- Must have a prototype/technology minimum viable product accessible for commercialization within 12 months
- Must have the ability to accommodate a digital connection
About Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Johnson & Johnson Innovation focuses on accelerating all stages of innovation worldwide and forming collaborations between entrepreneurs and Johnson & Johnson’s global healthcare businesses. Johnson & Johnson Innovation provides scientists, entrepreneurs and emerging companies with one-stop access to science and technology experts who can facilitate collaborations across the pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer companies of Johnson & Johnson. Under the Johnson & Johnson Innovation umbrella of businesses, we connect with innovators through our regional Innovation Centers, Johnson & Johnson Innovation | JLABS, Johnson & Johnson Innovation - JLINX, Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC and our Business Development teams to create customized deals and novel 4 collaborations that speed development of innovations to solve unmet needs in patients. For more information, visit www.jnjinnovation.com or follow @JNJInnovation.
About Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS
Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS (JLABS) is a global network of open innovation ecosystems, enabling and empowering innovators to create and accelerate the delivery of life-saving, life-enhancing health and wellness solutions to patients around the world. JLABS achieves this by providing the optimal environment for emerging companies to catalyze growth and optimize their research and development by opening them to vital industry connections, delivering entrepreneurial programs and providing a capital-efficient, flexible platform where they can transform the scientific discoveries of today into the breakthrough healthcare solutions of tomorrow. At JLABS we value great ideas and are passionate about removing obstacles to success to help innovators unleash the potential of their early scientific discoveries. JLABS is a no-strings-attached model, which means entrepreneurs are free to develop their science while holding on to their intellectual property. JLABS is open to entrepreneurs across a broad healthcare spectrum including pharmaceutical, medical device, consumer and digital health sectors.
JLABS currently has nine locations in innovation hot spots across North America and produces entrepreneurial programs and campaigns to seek out the best science, like the QuickFire Challenges around the globe. The JLABS flagship opened in 2012 in San Diego at Janssen's West Coast Research Center, and since then, has established two locations in San Francisco - one through a collaboration with the California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences (QB3) and a second standalone facility in South San Francisco. JLABS is also located in Boston through a collaboration with LabCentral, in Lowell, Massachusetts through a collaboration with UMass, in Houston through a collaboration with the Texas Medical Center (TMC), in Toronto through a collaboration with the Ontario Government and the University of Toronto and a new JLABS @ NYC (in collaboration with the New York Genome Center -opening in 2018). For more information about JLABS, please visit www.jlabs.jnjinnovation.com.