Building Cross-Border Businesses to Optimize Access to Capital
You are a running a promising Canadian life science start-up and seeking funding. You have access to incentives in Canada but need to consider additional options. The market and resources outside of Canada—specifically in the USA--are a natural target. While you proudly aspire to "Made in Canada" solutions, there are funding realities that might need to be addressed on the path to global commercialization of exceptional Canadian technologies.
This session covers:
- Available funding in Canada for current and future rounds to potentially finance your company
- Obligations, as a Canadian incorporated company, to your current Canadian investors (i.e. grants, tax credits, institutions, financial institutions, government)
- Overcoming US potential investors’ objections to invest in non-US companies
- Logistics and costs to incorporate as a US company
- Immigration under the current business and political environment
- Banking needs
- And more…
The information on this webpage, including in the videos, is proprietary or licensed to Johnson & Johnson Innovation LLC, its parent company or any affiliate companies (“JJI”) and is for informational purposes only. This content is not intended to influence the use, sale, recommendation, or promotion of any products or services of Johnson & Johnson or its affiliates. The information presented in the videos is specific and applicable to region in which the original presentation took place. Many videos contain information from, or sessions given by, third parties. Please note that only those third parties that provide this information are responsible for it. By providing this information, JJI does not endorse these third parties or any of the information provided in these videos, and JJI makes no representations, warranties, or assurances, express or implied, as to the content or the information presented and is not responsible for any use of this information by you.